01 Dec 5 Reasons to Have a Holiday Wedding
Get festive with a wedding tied to a seasonal celebration.
The holiday season, from Thanksgiving until the start of the new year, is typically busy, busy, busy with work parties, family gatherings, and gift exchanges with friends—but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad time to get married. Here are a few reasons why a holiday wedding works.
1. Your guests will feel very merry. It’s hard not to get into the spirit of the season with all those decorations on display and yummy home-cooked meals. A holiday wedding catches everyone when they’re in a jovial party mood, ensuring that your celebration is super festive.
2. Everyone usually has a few days off. With corporate holidays already on the calendar, you and your out-of-town guests won’t have to take off as many days for pre-wedding prep or traveling to the event.
3. People will be staying local anyway. If you’re getting married in your hometown, friends from growing up are likely to be around for a family visit, even if they live in another city. Save them an extra trip!
4. There’s no way you’ll forget your anniversary. A random date like September 14 might not stick in your memory as easily as, say January 1—that’s just one of the bonuses of getting married on a holiday. Plus, for future wedding anniversaries, you’ll always have a celebration to look forward to, no special planning required.
5. Who doesn’t love a holiday party dress? Finally, a reason to wear that red satin ball gown you’ve had your eye on (hello, rehearsal dinner) and those gorgeous velvet heels that aren’t exactly suited to a summer ceremony.
Explore our #MerryMe holiday collection for festive attire, no matter the celebration.