17 Oct 5 Ways To Get That Bridal Glow
Tips for achieving glowing skin for your wedding day.
For a day when all eyes are on you, you want to look and feel your best. While we have your wedding dress and accessories covered, our friends at Hand & Stone tackle wedding skincare to ensure your skin is prepped and flawless. Lisa Rossman, Director of Esthetics Operations, is sharing how to boost your skin’s radiance for the big day with these five simple tips.
- Schedule a facial. Facials work on so many levels. First, facial massage increases circulation, encourages lymph drainage, and stimulates muscles. In other words, “you look more refreshed,” Rossman says. Second, they’re relaxing – and who couldn’t use a little R&R with all that planning? Come in as early as eight months before your wedding to create a beauty game plan, and schedule your final appointment about a week out.
- Optimize your routine. At your facial appointment, the esthetician can guide you in choosing products for daily use. While cleansers and moisturizers help maintain and hydrate the skin, correctors and serums deliver results with super-charged ingredients like peptides, vitamins, and antioxidants. You’ll find yourself wanting to use your wedding skincare routine post-I do’s!
- Refresh your tone. One of the most popular ways to even out and brighten skin tone is a glycolic acid peel. “It targets cell turnover to make you radiant,” Rossman explains. At Hand & Stone you can supplement your facial with a peel, or schedule a series of exfoliating treatments.
- Smooth things out. Microdermabrasion can improve your skin’s texture by sloughing off the dull outer layer. While the mechanical exfoliation is amazing for some brides, this procedure can be too harsh for others. But don’t worry: Your esthetician will determine if this is ideal for your skin type.
- Go a little deeper. A newer offering, the 30-minute Glow + Go Facial, uses microcurrent technology to pass a low-level electrical current over your skin, which lifts the muscles below the surface. “It’s fitness for your face,” says Rossman of this standalone or add-on procedure aimed at contouring, toning, and reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa is a leader in providing convenient facials, expert massages, and wax-free hair removal services tailored to your individual needs. Their partnership with David’s Bridal helps brides across the country relieve wedding planning stress by incorporating massages, facials and bridal spa parties into their wedding mix. Check them out on Facebook or find a spa near you at www.handandstonespas.com