Wedding Guest Dresses For Every Style
The right wedding guest dress is bound to make a statement, made from gorgeous fabrics and colors that make you feel your absolute best. Find your perfect guest dress that’s sleek, unique, and beautiful.
When you shop for wedding guest dresses at David’s Bridal, you can browse our selection by size, silhouette, length, occasion, fabric, and more. Or, find your ideal dress when you choose to search by color. With many unforgettable and beautiful hues to choose from, you’ll find the perfect dress to match the wedding venue, season, dress code, and theme.
What to consider when picking your wedding guest dress
When shopping for a wedding guest dress, there are several factors to keep in mind:
- Time. If the wedding is in the morning or middle of the day, a light-colored dress might be a better choice. At night, darker colors or prints may be a more fitting option.
- Venue. Where is the wedding taking place? If it’s on a beach, wearing a long, flowy floral dresses is a great fit. Whereas if it’s at a country club, something more formal such as a midi or floor-length gown would be appropriate.
- Dress code. Some wedding invitations will mention a dress code for guests to follow. This code can be anything from black tie to a specific color scheme. Be sure to read that over before you go shopping!
- Weather. Is the wedding outside or inside? What’s the weather supposed to be? For cooler weather, opt for a floor-length gown or long-sleeve dress (or try a cape or a wrap over a sleeveless dress). If it’s warmer out, a mini dress or flowy, lightweight maxi dress would be best.
What color dress do you wear to a wedding as a guest?
While there is no specific color you have to wear as a wedding guest, there are a few things you should consider when choosing your garment.
First, look to the seasons. This serves as a great inspiration for the right outfit. In fall, you might want to opt for colors that complement the season like olive or cinnamon, whereas in spring you can go lighter with a pink or light blue.
You also should pay attention to the wedding invitations since the color scheme is typically the colors the wedding party will wear. Ideally, you want to choose a color that doesn’t match the bridesmaids. And it goes without saying: In many cultures, wearing white when the bride wears white is a social faux pas!
How to accessorize a wedding guest dress
Once you’ve found the perfect guest dress, it’s time to accessorize. Here are a few great go-to accessories that will complete your look.
- Strappy heels. This kind of wedding guest dress shoe is a classic accessory that adds elegance to any outfit, whether it’s a maxi dress or a shorter number. If you plan on hitting the dance floor all night, bring a pair of sandals or flats just in case.
- A small clutch. The right handbag can add a pop of color or texture to your outfit while keeping all your essentials such as your phone and keys in a safe place.
- Earrings or a bracelet. Spice up your dress a bit with some dangle earrings or a few simple bracelets. These small accessories add a bit of sparkle to your outfit, instantly making it a bit more formal.
Find your perfect wedding guest dress at David's Bridal
From the beautiful flower bouquets to the gorgeous decor and twinkling lights, there’s something magical about witnessing a beautiful union between two loved ones. Whether getting married on a beach, at a catering hall, or in a rustic barn, the right wedding guest dress matches the occasion while making its own statement. Here’s how to find your dream guest dress:
- Fabric. You’ll find a variety of fabrics when you shop at David’s Bridal. From a silky satin to a smooth velvet or sparkles, the options are endless – and each one makes its own statement.
- Length. Choose between a mini, midi, or maxi dress for the wedding. For a black tie event you may want to opt for a maxi, whereas you can wear a mini or midi to a more casual venue.
- Silhouette. David’s Bridal offers plenty of options in A-line silhouettes, ball gowns, jumpsuits, mermaid, sheath, and separates. Pick the silhouette that makes you feel your best!
Shop guest to wedding dresses in sizes 0-30
David’s Bridal offers a variety of sizes to ensure you find the perfect fit. You can select your fit from junior dresses, to missy, plus, and petite. Our adult sizes range from 0 to 30, or XS to 5X.
David’s Bridal guest to wedding dress shipping options
When you’re ready to order your wedding guest dress at David’s Bridal, any order that’s over $175 comes with free standard shipping throughout the U.S. (except Alaska and Hawaii). Any of our wedding guest dresses can ship standard, expedited, and express to anywhere in the U.S. so you’ll be sure to get your dress on time. Head to the David’s Bridal Order FAQ page to learn more.
Guest to wedding dress tips and FAQs
How much do I spend on a wedding guest dress?
There is no specified amount for how much you should spend on a guest dress, except to buy the dress you want! On average, wedding guests spend roughly $80 on a new outfit for a wedding, but you may spend a little more or a little less depending on what you like.
How do I know which size dress to get?
To find the perfect size for you, start with your undergarments. Put on whatever you plan to wear under your dress and grab a tape measure. Then, make sure that your measuring tape is not too tight or too loose around your body, and that it’s parallel to the floor. Measure the fullest part of your breast, smallest part of your waist, the widest part of your hips, and the length from the back of your neck to the floor. Once you have exact measurements, look at the dress’s specific size chart to find the best option.