20 Mar 10 Reasons to Have a Spring Wedding
Posted at 14:50h
in Wedding Planning
Debating when to say “I do?” Here are a few ways that spring weddings win.
- The bouquet, of course. All kinds of beautiful flowers are in season. Just some of your options: tulips, hydrangeas, daffodils, and lilacs.
- Pretty pastels. For your bridesmaids, picture light purples and pinks or pale greens and yellows.
- Comfortable temps. It’s Goldilocks season: not too hot, not too cold.
- The worst-case weather isn’t so bad. Okay, so spring can be a little wet. But they say rain on your wedding day is good luck. And at the very least, you and your fiancé can capture a romantic umbrella-sharing shot.
- Rebirth is all around. What better time for your own new beginning than the season of sprouting blossoms and baby bunnies?
- Guests without wedding fatigue. Get married in the spring, and your friends won’t be all wedding’d out from the summer and fall circuit.
- Work schedules. Before summer hits, your guests are also more likely to have vacation days to spare for travel and celebrating.
- (Potentially) lower costs. Many venues’ peak seasons don’t start until late spring, so you could score a deal on a wedding that’s early in the year.
- Gorgeous toppers. Back to the spring wedding weather: It’s the perfect time of year for a capelet, jacket, or wrap.
- Flower crowns. Like these!
See our spring wedding color guide for more pretty palette inspiration and get started on the wedding dress hunt!