17 Apr The Ultimate Wedding Day Accessories Checklist
Finishing Touches for All Your Wedding Looks
You’ve said YES to the dress and that is worthy of celebration! But, there’s more to a bridal outfit than just a stunning dress! From the perfect dancing shoes to touches of sparkle, every bride can find the final finishing touches to complete their personal bridal style! Whether one or all of these add-ons speak to your bride style, this ultimate wedding day accessories checklist is a helpful guide as you finalize your bridal look!
For a truly head-to-toe look, start at the top! Whether you’re a boho bride or lover of all things traditional, there’s a hairpiece that can truly add dimension to your bridal beauty. Keep in mind your day of hairstyle and overall aesthetic as you shop for hair accessories!
- Headbands: Filed under things you never knew you needed! Modern, feminine, or ultra-glamorous, a bridal headband is a fun way to accessories your look! The best part? They work for all hairstyles!
- Clips: Add a little bit of sparkle and shine to your tresses with clips! Delicate, yet statement-making, clips are easy to add to most any look. Find the size that style that fits your aesthetic and even consider mixing and matching a few to create a totally unique look!
- Combs: If you’re wearing your hair in an updo or rocking a side-swept look, bridal combs are versatile, flexible, and easy to incorporate into any look. Explore different trends like florals, crystals, or pearls to match your overall style!
- Veils: Crown your bridal look with a veil that’s right for you! If you’re looking to add a little drama to your down the aisle look, a cathedral veil is just for you! Or, explore mid-length or blusher styles for a short, but sweet, addition!
A little shine goes a long way and you won’t want to forget some jewelry! Every bride has a different style and aesthetic, so how you mix and match jewelry will be a personal preference.
- Necklace: Your wedding dress neckline provides the perfect foundation for the addition of a gorgeous necklace. From a simple pendant to a string of pearls, or even something more ornate, a necklace can totally transform your look! Experiment with different styles to find the one that you ultimately love and since use this as an anchor as you choose the rest of your bridal finishing touches!
- Bracelet: Don’t forget about bracelets! Add a touch of sparkle to your wrist with something simple or build the ultimate stack to rock at any of your wedding festivities!
- Earrings: If your wedding day hairstyle is a glamorous updo, you have the perfect opportunity to show off a dramatic set of statement earrings! For a more subtle shine, a simple stop earring or delicate stud is the perfect addition and works well if you are leaving your locks loose! Oh, and even when the festivities are over, you can wear these again or treasure forever!
- Ring: You already have the ring department covered! Hello, engagement ring! But, before the big day, give your ring a good cleaning so it’s absolutely sparkling when you go to add your new band!
It wouldn’t be a head-to-toe look without a killer pair of shoes to walk down the aisle in! While your shoes may not be front and center like some other accessories, they still deserve the same amount of attention! Brides, find a pair of heels that you can wear all night or switch it up with a pair of flats for the dance-floor!
Under the Dress
Don’t forget about what goes under the dress! For seamless confidence on the day-of, find the shapewear that works best for you! And wedding traditions, like the garter toss, shouldn’t be overlooked!
- Shapewear: Feel confident and secure in your gown with foundation pieces to ensure that your dress fits perfectly! Explore different shapewear options that satisfy your desires and work with the silhouette of your gown.
- Bra: We know it can be tricky to find a bra that works with every wedding gown! You can find styles that work with all gowns, even plunging necklines, open backs, or illusions style bodices!
- Garter: If you are partaking in the wedding tradition of wearing a garter, it’s all in the details! From super simple to ultra-embellished, your bridal style can shine through!
Store your must-have like tissues (for all the happy tears), makeup for touch-ups, or your phone to snap pics throughout the night in a cute clutch that you can keep with you throughout the night!
Outerwear is a fun and unique way to celebrate your personal style on your wedding day. A fun piece of outerwear not only adds some extra personality to your look, but it provides some added warmth as the temps cool down!
- Cape: If a veil isn’t part of your bridal style but you still want to make a statement as you walk down the aisle, try a cape! Add some extra flair to your look with a statement cape that can totally transform a look!
- Shawl/Wrap: Let your dress shine through with a shawl or wrap! They’ll offer a bit of comfort and warmth as the temps drop on your wedding day.
- Jacket: Customize a fun denim jacket with your new name for an unforgettable photo op! Or, change it up and add some edge with a modern faux leather jacket to rock at your reception and make a statement exit!
Now it’s your turn to start accessorizing! Check everything off our wedding day accessories checklist and shop all of these accessories and more online! You can connect with one of our expert stylists over the phone to help complete your look – text VIRTUAL STYLIST to 38201. Plus, see more accessorizing inspiration on our Instagram and Pinterest!
Featured image by Katie Mick Photography