DAVID'S BRIDAL UNVEILS THE LATEST TRENDS
FOR SPRING 2008 WEDDING FASHIONS
CONSHOHOCKEN, PA - January 3, 2008 -- This spring, David’s Bridal is celebrating weddings with fresh, modern colors and cutting edge silhouettes through three unique bridal themes: Garden Delights; Destination: Romance; and Black & White. With such elegant inspirations, brides and their bridal parties can create a unified look to best suit their personality or wedding style. Brides can choose from structured gowns for a sophisticated, timeless appeal; channel their inner fashionista with short, playful skirts; or opt for a modern, yet classic style with an eyepopping graphic twist.
Today’s brides can choose from an unmatched selection of bridal party attire with David’s newly expanded color palettes. With 14 bridesmaid/ special occasion dresses available in 30 fabulous hues, as well as 13 additional styles in a subset of 17 beautiful colors, it’s even easier to coordinate the wedding party in a favorite color. The spring collection offers a wide variety of shades ranging from the softest Pink Blush to big, bold hues that really make a statement. David’s Bridal has also introduced two simple “wear again” silhouettes that are available in 30 colors, plus White, as part of their new “Dress Up Your Dress” collection. Bridal parties can
customize their ensemble with a satin slip — playfully peeking out from under their bridesmaid dresses — or add a sashes, ribbons, or flowers to create a personalized look.
David’s Bridal makes it easier than ever to create a beautifully coordinated event with versatile themes that can translate to any wedding style, from traditional to ultra-modern. As the only bridal retailer to offer a wide array of coordination options, brides can personalize all aspects of their special day, beyond bridal gowns and bridal party fashions. The key is the simplicity of David’s proprietary colors that can be applied to every detail of the event. For example, brides can give
their guests a preview of their wedding theme with save-the-date cards and invitations in exclusive colors and styles. Ceremony and reception items — such as flower girl baskets, toasting flutes, and favors — can also be seamlessly coordinated to match a bride’s color scheme. Even the icing on a wedding cake can correspond to David’s colors, through an exclusive new partnership with Wedding Cakes Across America.
- Silhouettes - Inspired by an elegant wedding set in a formal topiary garden, this trend encompasses a variety of bridal gowns featuring tailored designs and structured silhouettes. Shapes range from traditional ball gowns to fit-and-flare styles that capture the glamour and elegance of the red carpet. A whimsical strapless trumpet gown in Swiss-dot tulle with lace appliqués and a satin empire band (Style T9359, $699) perfectly illustrates this theme. Brides can even choose from a variety of sleeve options that can be easily added to strapless wedding gowns, creating a unique style that is all their own, without the custom price tag. Key looks for bridesmaid dresses include streamlined designs with long tapered skirts, such as a satin A-line gown with an embellished V-neckline and empire banded waist (Style 82900; $155).
- Colors - This season, must-have colors range from pale and soft to rich and dark. New mid-tone shades, including a warm Terracotta, make their way from the runway to the bridal aisle. For a fresh splash of color, brides can accent their wedding gowns with an Apple or Marine sash, or choose classic shades like Cabernet, Champagne, Latte, or Peridot. The new trend in colors makes it easy to coordinate the entire wedding day, starting with the bridal party. To create a look that flatters both their personality and figure, bridesmaids can select from a diverse range of fashionable dresses, such as a sleeveless satin trumpet gown with beaded empire waist and straps (Style F12910; $170), or choose stylish mix and match separates from the Make A Match Collection.
- Fabrics - Consistent with the latest ready-to-wear trends, these wedding and party designs are created with high quality fabrics chosen for their unique structural properties. Contemporary satin faille and lush taffeta provide the basis for beautifully constructed gowns and flattering silhouettes.
- Accessories - Geometric shapes offer a new alternative to traditional floral details. Crystal, pearl and rhinestone necklaces take on new proportions with larger, stand-out jewelry taking center stage to complement the clean, structured dresses. Bridal shoes are adorned with bold crystal accents, which also influence handbag designs. Veils are voluminous, featuring multiple layers, and hair jewelry is sculptured and embellished, intended to be worn in sleek and sophisticated hairstyles.
- Silhouettes - The sunny and warm atmosphere of a Palm Springs poolside is the inspiration for this season’s destination wedding trend. A glamorous waterside wedding can even be achieved at a local venue, evoking the same tropical feeling. Representing a more playful style, bridal gown skirts are short and flirty, reminiscent of the ‘50s and ‘60s. Long and sleek bridal gowns with an informal twist — such as a strapless Goddess A-line style that features a stunning crystal brooch (Style T9389; $399) or a flattering halter gown designed in a uniquely rich burnout fabric (Style EK9343; $499) — showcase a touch of city chic. A coordinated bridal party can be achieved with relaxed, sexy dresses or short and sweet styles.
- Colors - The Destination Romance trend boasts two distinctly different color schemes. Fresh, modern hues, including Watermelon, Azalea, Honeydew, and Pool, make for a bright, energetic look that pops. This bridesmaid look is best captured in a halter clip-dot chiffon short dress with charmeuse trim and ruffle skirt (Style F12892; $135). Neutral colors, such as Canary, Chocolate and Honey, provide a contemporary, monochromatic feel, channeling the hues that are key this season.
- Fabrics - Shimmering satin and silky charmeuse styles are prevalent, allowing brides to combine a modern feel with an exotic look. Allover lace bridal gowns complement brides of any figure, while textured fabrics such as crinkle chiffon provide a dramatic touch.
- Accessories - With an emphasis on short or tea-length gowns for brides and bridal parties, stylish shoes play an important role. Choose color-coordinated styles or pair metallic shoes with sleek, shiny jewelry, for a stunning look. Bridal veils are long and narrow to highlight the lustrous fabrics, and hair adornments — such as headbands, combs and romantic flowers — lend themselves to less traditional settings.
Black & White
Whether looking for a style that is classic, glam, sweet, or sophisticated, David’s Bridal offers today’s bride endless opportunities to create the wedding of her dreams with bridal gowns ranging in size from 0–26W, with select styles in 28W and 30W, and prices from $299–$1,200. Bridal party dresses are also available in sizes 2–26, with select styles in sizes 28 and 30, and prices ranging from $105–$180.
- Silhouettes -For a truly unique wedding look, the ultra-modern black and white color palette is best showcased with classic silhouettes, such as figure-flattering empire waist styles. A strapless A-line bridal gown with embroidered netting and an empire waist accented with a black sash (Style D9406; $599) is perfect for the bride who wants to make a statement with its eye-catching, sweeping train. To add more definition to a wedding dress, choose a satin sash in a vibrant color, which is also an easy way to coordinate with the bridal party dresses. For the ultimate in personalization, try adding a colorful slip or flower to a timeless and versatile short satin scoop halter dress (Style 81594; $105), which is one of two chic bridesmaid styles from the “Dress Up Your Dress” collection that can be easily customized.
- Colors - Brides who prefer the graphic impact of black and white will embrace this season’s newest twist on a classic trend. Taken straight from the runway, these basic colors provide endless customization options for the bride and bridal party. Visual appeal can be added with bright, fashion-forward color accents in a contemporary shade like Watermelon. David’s Bridal also offers gowns that exemplify the Black & White trend for the mothers in the wedding, such as a White/Black stretch taffeta dress with a pleated top and brooch, featuring a mock mesh skirt overlay (Style 50332; $188).
- Fabrics - Every bride can achieve a unique wedding style with fabrics that make a statement. Bridal gowns are available in a wide array of luxurious fabrics and colors, allowing brides to embrace an “anything goes” attitude this spring. A bride who wants to go glam can choose rich satin and organza for her wedding dress, yet opt for less formal chiffon looks for the bridal party. A unique embroidered floral overlay adds textural interest to wedding gowns and bridal party dresses, and even coordinates with exclusive ceremony and gift items.
- Accessories - “Think big” this season with large, modern pieces that complement the bold Black & White theme. Geometric shaped wedding jewelry and metallic embellishments enhance a runway-inspired look for fashion-forward brides. Jeweled pieces incorporating vivid colors like Pool and Clover are a unique and colorful way for a bride to personalize the Black & White theme to make it their own. Shoes and handbags are playful in design, and add the perfect finishing touch to this dramatic wedding look.
Catering to brides of all shapes and sizes, David’s Bridal recently introduced two special sizing options. For the first time, David’s introduces the Galina Woman Collection, boasting soft, flowing bridal gowns, available up to size 26W, with added support and control for full-figured brides. Petite brides now have more options than ever, with an expanded assortment of petite wedding dresses (Sizes 0P–16P) designed specially to fit the proportions of a petite shape.
David’s Bridal also recently unveiled the db Online Collection, an impressive collection of 15 beautiful new bridal gown styles, available at www.davidsbridal.com. Dresses start at $99 and are available in both missy sizes (2–16) and David’s Bridal Woman sizes (14W–26W). David’s also
incorporates cutting edge “motion” technology on the product detail pages, allowing brides to see how a dress will move and look from all angles.
With more than 50 years of bridal experience, David's Bridal understands the importance of providing brides-to-be with a vast selection of exquisitely crafted dresses, available at affordable prices. Today, with more than 280 locations nationwide, David's Bridal continues to expand its retail store locations, while maintaining its philosophy of superior quality, value and service. To locate a store nearby, consumers can call 1-877-693-BRIDE or visit www.davidsbridal.com.
# # #