Posts Tagged ‘white dresses’
Wedding Look Changers
by Nicole Brewer
There are so many ways to express your personal style on your wedding day—so, get creative and be ready to try something new! The best part about your bridal style is that you don’t have to stick with one look; you can transform your classic gown into a unique fashion statement with just a few simple items—without breaking the bank. Add eye-catching finishing touches like hairpieces, jewels, sashes and clutches, and personalize your wedding wardrobe with accessories you’ll wear again with fond memories. Celebrate your day in your style!
If you like the romance of a vintage inspired fashion, a birdcage veil, blusher or fascinator can complement any hairstyle and wedding gown.
Consider swapping out your ceremony pearls for the classic sparkle of crystal or rhinestone accessories for the party. After all, the lighting, décor and mood shift during the reception. Why not bring on the bling at a fraction of the cost of diamonds?
Sashes are becoming a popular way to accentuate waistlines, and completely change the look of a dress. If you liked Kate Middleton’s lacey arm coverage, wear it during your ceremony and consider losing the lace for the wedding reception. You can reveal some skin and add a jewel encrusted sash–one embellished with delicate flowers, or perhaps a dramatic bow.
Though you may not be photographed carrying it, you’ll need a cute bridal clutch. For a twist on classic ivory, look for intricate lace or floral appliqués that make carrying your lip gloss and powder, something special. Or, go bold with a pop of color or bedazzled glitz and glam.
Whether you have a make-up artist on hand or not, you can even change your nude gloss lip to a deep or bright red hue that says you’re ready to mix and mingle and dance all night!
As we all know Jennifer Aniston and Justin Thoreux are planning on tying the knot, and we were the first to sketch designs of potential dresses we could see Jen wearing! The first design is sleek, sexy, and very chic while the second is trendy and inspired by a more modern feel. Which gown could you picture Jen wearing? We want to know!
Quince Quince Quince is the magical number!! David’s Bridal was recently featured on Un Nuevo Dia about planning the biggest festivity in a young girl’s life! Our favorite gown for the ultimate princess comes in white but in also trend setting colors such as Apple, Horizon, Regency, Malibu, Watermelon, and Sunbeam! If you’re planning your upcoming Quinceañera you should definitely take a peek at the checklist for great pointers and inspiration!
Huffington Post Weddings recently had a mash up of three designer wedding gowns that would suit Jennifer Aniston on her big day! The three gown contenders were White by Vera Wang, BHLDN and THEIA designs and in the end our dress prevailed as the big winner! Here is the gorgeous Strapless Draped Lace Column Gown that would is right on par with Jennifer’s timeless yet chic style!
15 Tips for Planning the Ultimate Quinceañera Party
by Carmen Ondonez
Planning the ultimate Quinceañera party doesn’t have to be a challenge. With some preparation and creativity it’s easy to host a great party! Here are my top 15 tips on how to plan the perfect party:
1. Plan your budget – Talk to your parents about the budget for the party—it is important to know how much money you have to spend. And remember, you don’t need to spend a lot of money or have an MTV style party to make it memorable.
2. Pick a theme – I absolutely love themed parties! They’re always so much fun. For your Quinceañera, choose a theme that matches your personality, like a Masquerade Ball, Hollywood Glamour or Winter Wonderland.
3. Invitations – Pick out themed invitations that go with the theme of your party. If you’re going for a fashion-forward glamour theme, I love this Watermelon pink and zebra option.
4. Pick a venue – Research venue spaces at least four months in advance and visit them in person before making your choice. You can even host the party at your home or in your backyard—and with the money you saved on the venue, you can put it towards the decorations.
5. Have a signature “mocktail” – Personalize your party with a signature non-alcoholic “mocktail” for an extra special touch!
6. Grand Entrance – Whether it’s in a horse and carriage or perhaps a fun choreographed dance with your court, plan a fun grand entrance that will help set the mood for the rest of the night.
7. The dress – No Quinceañera party is complete without the perfect dress. David’s Bridal has several options to pick from that range from size 0-26. Plan to start searching for your dress at least 2 months in advance. This white strapless tulle ball gown screams “princess for the day.”
8. Party Favors – Pick party favors that go with the theme of your party. Feeling creative? Why not try your hand at some do-it-yourself party favors. It’s a great way to save money and personalize your favors.
9. Music – Having the right music is essential to any Quinceañera party. Talk with your DJ ahead of time to plan out what music will be played or better yet, make your own playlist.
10. Photo booth – Set up a fun photo booth where your friends can take pictures. Have some props handy like a moustache or big lips on a stick to add some fun for your guests.
11. Cake – Choose a cake with custom colors and decorations to match your party theme.
12. Photographer – Make sure you have a photographer or get tio to take some pictures during the party to capture your big day.
13. Food – Decide on what menu items you want for your party. Want to create a relaxed and intimate setting? Opt for a family style meal instead of a buffet.
14. Guest list – Make sure to create a guest list well in advance to avoid over inviting and going over budget.
15. Have a great time – Your Quinceañera party only happens once in a lifetime. So enjoy it! Cheers.
We recently came across this wedding photographed on Style Me Pretty! The gorgeous bride is wearing a David’s Bridal gown that transformed her look from ceremony to reception! It was such a delight seeing the groom take part in the revealing of her outfit change in front of their family and friends! Click here to see how this lovely couple captured the moment!
Alternative Necklines are all the rage right now, and Weddingbells featured David’s Bridal style JH1M4428 in their Fall and Winter 2012 issue! Will you be making waves with new trends at your wedding? We want to know!