Posts Tagged ‘Mother of the Groom’
Season to season, brides seek out the latest trends for themselves and their bridal party with the hopes of making their day extra perfect and uber stylish. Each season our design team at David’s Bridal unveils styles that can be tailored to every bride’s unique vision. Our luxurious Spring 2011 collection is no exception, truly complementing both the bride and her bridal party’s personal styles, body types and budgets.
• The Blossoming Bride: This season, bridal silhouettes range from sleek, sexy flowing styles to dramatic, jaw dropping voluminous ball gowns. A major trend is gorgeous details including three-dimensional flowers, modern laces and ruffles. This Galina Signature strapless taffeta ball gown is a glamorous example of what’s on trend. With a form-fitting bodice and dropped waist, the gown also features cascading floral appliqués, shaping the breathtaking skirt. Brides can personalize her look with dramatic crystal jewelry, long white gloves and/or a floral headpiece.
• Fashion-Forward Bridesmaids: This spring, brides and her bridesmaids will love the fashion-forward, feminine wear-again bridal party styles. Playful, girly prints and bright colors are key and this David’s Bridal strapless charmeuse dress is a perfect example of this trend. The slim skirt and ruched waist creates a silhouette that is both flattering and versatile for the entire bridal party. Brides can even add some flair to their party by mixing this print with solid dresses in the same color – Horizon.
• Delicate Flower Girls: New Flower girl styles featuring ruffled skirts and three-dimensional flowers mirror the feminine bridal and bridesmaid designed dresses. This David’s Bridal angelic full-length ball gown includes a charming floral detail on the shoulder. Plus, the pop of color in the sash (a key trend for flower girls) gives the bride an easy way to seamlessly incorporate the flower girl with the rest of the bridal party.
• Modern Mother of the Bride or Groom: It’s all in the details for Mothers of the Bride and Groom with modern designs reigning supreme. Figure-flattering ruching, sleek off-the shoulder necklines and multi-tiered skirts, finished with shimmer and shine in metallic soft chiffons and taffetas, truly let mom sparkle on this special day. This stunning off-the-shoulder style showcases what’s on trend at the moment. Finished with a center broach, the stretch taffeta fabric is comfortable, flattering and chic.
Happy Shopping to you and your bridal party!
Seasonal trends have always played a huge part in the world of bridal party fashion. For example, if you’re planning a winter wedding you’ll want a hint of luxury and drama to match the outdoor landscape. A wedding during this season might simply mean there is a crisp chill in the air, or you could have the beautiful backdrop of wintry white snow. Either way, consider a new palette of rich bridal party colors, heavier fabric choices, and textures galore. Weather appropriate attire is a must for your bridal party and guests, and luckily, David’s Bridal won’t leave you out in the cold, so to speak.
For all our Mothers-of-the-Brides out there, a winter wedding offers some serious wardrobe advantages that you might not have considered. Learn how to embrace the cold and feel ultra confident with these totally hot mother of the bride dress styles:
1. ‘Tis the Season for Texture
When it comes to winter dresses, you’ll feel naturally inclined to choose a thicker fabric to ward off that wintry chill, but don’t be too quick to dismiss a mother of the bride dress that features tiered layers of beautiful, yet thin fabric. This will add warmth without adding thickness to your figure. Our fave? This shimmering cap sleeve short tier mother of the bride dress in this metallic champagne color (Style 081840190). Use a sash to cinch your waist to keep fabrics from looking too chunky and to help coordinate with your daughter’s wedding colors.
Faux fur is one of the best textures for winter, and its rich and sumptuous qualities will make you feel like the most beautiful mother of the bride (or mother of the groom). This fabric screams luxury and warmth and will make you feel at ease on your daughter’s wedding day. Accent your dress or two piece ensemble by adding a touch of texture with our faux fur stole wrap.
2. Free Weights Not Necessary
If you’re like most moms, a stroll down the aisles of your local supermarket has probably substituted as your cardio routine for many years now, making special occasion shopping a tad intimidating. Not to fear, my dear. Choosing a flattering matching jacket to pair with your mother of the bride dress offers a triple treat, smoothing the sides of your torso with its structured shape, covering the upper arm, and of course, keeping you warm as your daughter says, “I Do”. Among our list of favorites for mom is jacket and dress set Style EJOM8537.
3. Purple is the New Black – And It’s Still Ultra Flattering
Winter is a wonderful time for rich colors and patterns. Deep colors such as eggplants and plums, like that of this chiffon tiered one-shoulder mother of the bride dress (Style 6170340), are a great option for a moms of all ages. This color will perfectly contrast with your daughter’s white or ivory wedding dress, and its warm undertones will compliment a lighter, winter skin tone without washing you out. Complete the look with a neutral or metallic special occasion clutch like HBKNOX to hold all the essentials.
Alternatively, if you prefer to opt for something less dramatic, metallic hues couldn’t be more in style and offer that hint of sheen and shine that won’t let anyone forget it’s a special day for you, too! Our top picks include this trend-setting, one-shoulder suede charmeuse side-drape mother of the bride dress (Style 48770D) in glamorous gold.
With these 3 tips as food for thought, you’re well on your way to finding a fresh and fabulous mother of the bride dress for your daughter’s winter wedding!
Dan Rentillo, David’s Bridal Design Director
Every Mom wants to look fabulous on her child’s wedding day and this season’s beautiful designs makes shopping easier than ever. Here are a few of our favorite dresses to keep Mom stylish, sophisticated and comfortable!
All about Lace
With its knit bodice and slim beaded lace skirt, this luxe dress is a chic option for Mom’s walk down the aisle. The sophisticated portrait collar shows off her fabulous neckline and she can easily accessorize her look with a great pair of heels to dance the night away. Plus, this timeless design can definitely be worn again for future special occasions!
Looking to cover up those shoulders? If so, this style is perfect for Mom! The short sleeve top features an on-trend, ruffle neckline and jeweled buttons, while the slimming trumpet skirt creates curves in all the right places.
Comfortable yet Chic Pants
Not exactly sure if Mom wants to go with a long or short dress? Why not opt for pants? This season, there are plenty of elegant options. These chiffon pants are ultra comfortable, yet fashionable. Plus, the ¾ length brocade jacket provides plenty of coverage and the ribbon adds a little flavor.
So, remember Moms, it’s important to feel comfortable and once that’s mastered, everything else will fall into place. From short to long dresses and everything in between, there are so many gorgeous options to choose from for this special day!