The FashionList was one of the few lucky bloggers to get an up close and personal preview of the new White by Vera Wang Collection in New York City on Wednesday. Check out their photos and feedback of bridesmaids dresses, bridal gowns, shoes, accessories and sashes here!
Posts Tagged ‘Bridal Party’
Check out the Huffington Post’s story on White by Vera Wang’s new dress line! Chic and flattering styles for many body types, these dresses are not your typical bridesmaids dress!! See the story here!
The new White by Vera Wang Collection made its debut yesterday and is creating a lot of buzz! Check out SocialBFly’s post about her favorite styles that are fashionable and budget conscious! You can also see the entire collection of bridesmaids dresses, bridal gowns, shoes, sashes and accessories here!
The White by Vera Wang Fall Collection launched today, and Sarah D. blogged about the new styles! Check out her favorite fall styles, or click here to view the full collection of bridal gowns, bridesmaids dresses, shoes and accessories exclusively at David’s Bridal!
Dan Rentillo, David’s Bridal Design Director
As the mother of the bride or groom, the outfit selection for your son or daughter’s nuptials is important. Over the past few years, mother of the bride and groom dress designers have embraced new fashion trends to offer even more options for the big day.
When selecting your dress, it’s important to choose a color that complements the bridal party. No matter what color scheme your daughter or future daughter has chosen for her bridesmaids, there are a variety of options that will coordinate beautifully with the rest of the bridal party.
Whether the wedding is casual or formal, modern or traditional, David’s Bridal offers styles and silhouettes for everyone.
For a formal or black-tie affair, a floor length dress is the most appropriate style. This iridescent taffeta ball gown with beautiful beaded detailing along the sweetheart neckline is a stunning and sophisticated option. The coordinating wrap is perfect for the ceremony and for those who want more coverage throughout the whole event.
For a more semi-formal evening or afternoon event, most styles and silhouettes will work well. This one shoulder 3D floral detail is an on-trend option perfect for any type of affair. The flowing chiffon fabric creates a chic and slimming silhouette while the berry color surely makes for a dramatic entrance!
For a more informal event or an outdoor wedding, choose a knee length dress made from comfortable fabrics that breathe well. Shorter silhouettes have become the new trend and can take you from day to evening in style.
This stylish and chic short chiffon tiered dress is perfect for an event like this and has plenty of wear-again potential. The tiered skirt and flattering V-neck bodice creates a slimming effect while the flutter sleeves give this dress a romantic and feminine feel.
And remember: accessories can make an outfit. A fabulous pair of heels and a great evening bag are “must-haves” to finish off your look.
Regardless of what you wear, the most important thing is to find a style makes you feel confident and beautiful.
Congratulations and Happy Dress Shopping!
Season to season, brides seek out the latest trends for themselves and their bridal party with the hopes of making their day extra perfect and uber stylish. Each season our design team at David’s Bridal unveils styles that can be tailored to every bride’s unique vision. Our luxurious Spring 2011 collection is no exception, truly complementing both the bride and her bridal party’s personal styles, body types and budgets.
• The Blossoming Bride: This season, bridal silhouettes range from sleek, sexy flowing styles to dramatic, jaw dropping voluminous ball gowns. A major trend is gorgeous details including three-dimensional flowers, modern laces and ruffles. This Galina Signature strapless taffeta ball gown is a glamorous example of what’s on trend. With a form-fitting bodice and dropped waist, the gown also features cascading floral appliqués, shaping the breathtaking skirt. Brides can personalize her look with dramatic crystal jewelry, long white gloves and/or a floral headpiece.
• Fashion-Forward Bridesmaids: This spring, brides and her bridesmaids will love the fashion-forward, feminine wear-again bridal party styles. Playful, girly prints and bright colors are key and this David’s Bridal strapless charmeuse dress is a perfect example of this trend. The slim skirt and ruched waist creates a silhouette that is both flattering and versatile for the entire bridal party. Brides can even add some flair to their party by mixing this print with solid dresses in the same color – Horizon.
• Delicate Flower Girls: New Flower girl styles featuring ruffled skirts and three-dimensional flowers mirror the feminine bridal and bridesmaid designed dresses. This David’s Bridal angelic full-length ball gown includes a charming floral detail on the shoulder. Plus, the pop of color in the sash (a key trend for flower girls) gives the bride an easy way to seamlessly incorporate the flower girl with the rest of the bridal party.
• Modern Mother of the Bride or Groom: It’s all in the details for Mothers of the Bride and Groom with modern designs reigning supreme. Figure-flattering ruching, sleek off-the shoulder necklines and multi-tiered skirts, finished with shimmer and shine in metallic soft chiffons and taffetas, truly let mom sparkle on this special day. This stunning off-the-shoulder style showcases what’s on trend at the moment. Finished with a center broach, the stretch taffeta fabric is comfortable, flattering and chic.
Happy Shopping to you and your bridal party!
Karen Bussen, Celebrity Wedding Planner & Author First there’s your fiancé’s question: “Will you marry me?” Once that one has been answered joyfully in the affirmative, there are many more questions to ask and answer, none of which is more important than who will be a part of your bridal party.
Whether your bridal party is made up of friends, family, or a combination of the two, these ladies (and sometimes gentlemen—hooray for ManMaids!) will support you and help you all the way to your Big Day. Here are some of my favorite ways to honor and delight those most dear to you as you invite them to be a part of your bridal party.
One-on-one. Take a moment to have coffee or lunch with each of your potential bridesmaids. Give them a handwritten note on a pretty card (hey, sometimes a text or email just isn’t enough!) about all the reasons they’re so special to you. Then, tell them personally how much it would mean to you to have them with you throughout the weeks and months leading up to your celebration.
Bag it. Take the whole group out for swanky cocktails, high tea, or a divine dinner, and present each one with a personalized tote bag. I love these quilted monogrammed totes for stylish shopping. Tuck a festive card or a computer-printed “invitation” to your bridal party in the adorable little side pocket, and voila! Simple stunning style and substance.
If your celebration has a more rustic feeling, look for something more outdoorsy and casual, like these Go-Everywhere Tote Bags, and fill them with flip flops, sunglasses, or a t-shirt you design at www.customizedworld.com reading,“Will you be my bridesmaid?”
Sweet treats. I love small presents to mark special occasions, and you can achieve a delicious effect with mini-boxes of chocolates, cookies or candies from your favorite patisserie, accompanied with a note reading, “Life would be so sweet if you’d be my bridesmaid!”
Ring-ring. If you have a faraway friend or family member whom you want to include, box up your little gift and add a note that says, “As you know, I already got one ring from the man I love. Next, I hope for a ring from you—I’ve got something important to ask!” When they call, you can pop the bridal party question in a personal and heartfelt way.
Dude, where’s my bridesmaid? If you do want to include a guy as one of your attendants (and I’m all for it!) choose a unique little gift just for him. Cufflinks, a special edition of a book he loves, an MVP sports jersey or a bottle of bourbon—whatever suits him. The rest of the advice applies, no matter the gender.
As you can see, I really think a lot of a handwritten note and a personal touch for such an important moment. These are the times you’ll remember forever, so take the time to find something special for those who are most special to you. Think about what best reflects your style and the spirit of your celebration, and keep your ladies’ and gents’ tastes in mind as you create your own one-of-a-kind way to invite them along on your beautiful journey down the aisle.
NYMag.com featured Oleg Cassini style CWG352, Galina Signature style SWG354 and Galina style WG3165, as well as bridal party style 83998 in their “Fall Weddings” Shop-a-Matic. Click hereto see bridal and click hereto see bridal party.
So many brides ask me for ideas about what kind of gifts to get their bridesmaids. My most important advice is to think about your ladies and who they are. Some brides like to give all their girls the same gift, while others take the time to select individual presents to suit each one’s personality and style. Whichever works for you is fine, but giving some thought to your style and theirs will help you put something unique together.
You can present your presents on the wedding day itself or at a luncheon or get-together the week of the wedding. Below are some of my favorite picks for great bridesmaid gifts, but there is one essential thing you can’t buy that should be included: a handwritten, personal note to each bridesmaid thanking her for her love and support and telling her how much she means to you.
- Glamorous Jewels: Jewelry is a classic bridesmaid gift. If you want to coordinate the ladies’ accessories for the big day, you can gift them with matching accessories, or select individual styles that will all harmonize, like these romantic earrings.
- Pampering Presents: I also love a theme-oriented “Girls Swag Bag.” If your wedding is chic and elegant, start with a pretty bag like this fabulous black and white tote. Then, fill it with bubble bath, lotion, a scented candle, an herbal eye pillow, even a makeup kit or your favorite beauty products.
Beach-Bound Gifts: If your celebration is in a fun, outdoorsy destination, consider handy, stylish tote bags in your wedding colors. You can personalize these with your maids’ names or initials. Just add flip-flops, a subscription to your favorite celebrity or fashion magazine, a pair of great sunglasses, and you’re good to go anywhere! I love the fashion-forward handles on these beach totes.
- Toast-Worthy Treats: For “foodie” bridesmaids, check out these fabulous two-bottle wine totes. Visit your local wine shop and order a case of Cava, a Rose d’Anjou or Cabernet (buying a case often entitles you to a discount), stock these cute totes with two bottles each. Simply add a big satin ribbon, and help your ladies drink a toast to your love in style!
- Personalized Presents: You can also give an experience rather than an object. Gift certificates for spa services (who doesn’t love a complimentary massage or mani-pedi?), dinners out at your favorite restaurant, tickets to an upcoming favorite concert, memberships to an art museum, or skydiving lessons! The key is to really think about your ladies and design something personal that will let them know how much you love and appreciate them. And don’t forget that personal note!