15 Tips for Planning the Ultimate Quinceañera PartyAugust 1st, 2012
15 Tips for Planning the Ultimate Quinceañera Party
by Carmen Ondonez
Planning the ultimate Quinceañera party doesn’t have to be a challenge. With some preparation and creativity it’s easy to host a great party! Here are my top 15 tips on how to plan the perfect party:
1. Plan your budget – Talk to your parents about the budget for the party—it is important to know how much money you have to spend. And remember, you don’t need to spend a lot of money or have an MTV style party to make it memorable.
2. Pick a theme – I absolutely love themed parties! They’re always so much fun. For your Quinceañera, choose a theme that matches your personality, like a Masquerade Ball, Hollywood Glamour or Winter Wonderland.
3. Invitations – Pick out themed invitations that go with the theme of your party. If you’re going for a fashion-forward glamour theme, I love this Watermelon pink and zebra option.
4. Pick a venue – Research venue spaces at least four months in advance and visit them in person before making your choice. You can even host the party at your home or in your backyard—and with the money you saved on the venue, you can put it towards the decorations.
5. Have a signature “mocktail” – Personalize your party with a signature non-alcoholic “mocktail” for an extra special touch!
6. Grand Entrance – Whether it’s in a horse and carriage or perhaps a fun choreographed dance with your court, plan a fun grand entrance that will help set the mood for the rest of the night.
7. The dress – No Quinceañera party is complete without the perfect dress. David’s Bridal has several options to pick from that range from size 0-26. Plan to start searching for your dress at least 2 months in advance. This white strapless tulle ball gown screams “princess for the day.”
8. Party Favors – Pick party favors that go with the theme of your party. Feeling creative? Why not try your hand at some do-it-yourself party favors. It’s a great way to save money and personalize your favors.
9. Music – Having the right music is essential to any Quinceañera party. Talk with your DJ ahead of time to plan out what music will be played or better yet, make your own playlist.
10. Photo booth – Set up a fun photo booth where your friends can take pictures. Have some props handy like a moustache or big lips on a stick to add some fun for your guests.
11. Cake – Choose a cake with custom colors and decorations to match your party theme.
12. Photographer – Make sure you have a photographer or get tio to take some pictures during the party to capture your big day.
13. Food – Decide on what menu items you want for your party. Want to create a relaxed and intimate setting? Opt for a family style meal instead of a buffet.
14. Guest list – Make sure to create a guest list well in advance to avoid over inviting and going over budget.
15. Have a great time – Your Quinceañera party only happens once in a lifetime. So enjoy it! Cheers.