Top 5 tips to make your wedding day easier!
As we have all heard or have had the experience of learning ourselves…wedding days can be a tad bit stressful! Especially if you’re not 100 percent prepared for the big day when it comes down to the nitty gritty details! I was in a frenzy trying to get ready on my wedding day…let me share a few of my MUST DO’s in order to make your wedding day go as smoothly as possibly…
- GET READY EARLY! – This is where I flubbed big time and it made the rest of the day a bit hectic. I usually don’t take long to get ready on a normal day (when I’m not being A.D.D and find everything else to do under the sun while I’m supposed to be getting ready) and I assumed I’d give myself about an hour extra to get ready on my wedding day. WRONG. After looking back on it, I reeeeeealllly wished I had of started getting ready the morning of and strategized a timeline where I had at least an hour or so in the afternoon to just relax and attempt to remain calm with my bridesmaids. NOPE – wasn’t happening. I was rushing out the door putting on my diamond studded earrings as everyone was about to stand for my entrance. Whew. Looking back at pictures, I realized I forgot my mascara! Not a huge biggie, but little things like that can be avoided when you have enough time to double check over everything.
- Make sure you bridal party is on time! There’s nothing worse than fearing one of your bridesmaids not showing up on time who carry a track record of being notoriously late to everything. I told my girls to be at my place an hour before I actually needed them there.
- Make sure you schedule time for your photographer! Being a wedding photographer myself, I have found that the earlier I arrive, the better. Not only do I want to allow myself enough time to shoot all of the pretty little details, but I want to have enough time to shoot candids of the bride & bridesmaids getting ready…along with a billion other things. But seriously, you won’t regret having lots of wonderful pictures of your wedding day!
- Bring an extra pair of shoes! (Comfortable Flats) Trust me, just do it. J
- DO NOT BRING YOUR CELL PHONE TO YOUR WEDDING! I repeat: DO NOT BRING YOUR CELL PHONE TO YOUR WEDDING. Okay, I will be the first to admit that the i-phone does play a significant part in my business & social life, but hey – not on your wedding day, okay. Don’t worry about trying to take memorable pictures – that’s why you hire a professional photographer to get all of those great shots for you! Don’t worry about Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or any of that nonsense…because TODAY is about you and your hubby – starting a brand new life together! Soak it in, enjoy it & make it memorable because your wedding day will never come again.