10 Holiday Party Must-HavesDecember 12th, 2013
10 Holiday Party Must-Haves
By Carmen Ordonez
Not sure what to wear to that holiday party or perhaps to ring in the New Year? Well not to worry. Here are the top 10 holiday fashion must-haves to help you celebrate the holidays in style.
- The perfect holiday dress: We all know about the LBD (Little Black Dress), but why not try something different this holiday season, like a dress in a bold, bright hue? This red illusion neckline dress from David’s Bridal would work great for most cocktail or holiday parties.
- Pumps: A peep-toe pump is a classic, yet stylish option that works wonders with any outfit. For a dressed up version, look for materials such as satin or a sequined pump to add some glitz to your step.
- Statement Necklace: For some instant glam, a statement necklace is sure to do the trick. It’s also a great way to dress up any outfit without spending a lot of money on a whole new wardrobe.
- Bold Lip Color: Have potential beaus making a line to the mistletoe by looking for a lipstick in a bold color such as burgundy or wine, which can add an extra punch to your outfit.
- 5. Leather Skirt: Leather is sure to make a statement anyway you wear it. Look for pieces with leather accents, such as a pencil skirt. Pair it up with a feminine blouse and pumps for a festive holiday ensemble.
- 6. Embellished Sweaters: Embellished sweaters are all the rage right now. You can wear them with an A-lined skirt and pumps for a dressed up version or with jeans and boots for a family get-together. Keep the rest of your ensemble simple and let the embellishments speak for themselves.
- 7. Clutch: Nothing completes your holiday outfit more than a clutch. This season look for metallics, such as silver or gold. I also love this clutch from David’s Bridal with pearls and crystals.
- 8. Bangles: Slip a little sparkle onto your outfit with a pair of glittering bangles. They are the perfect accessory to dress up your outfit.
- 9. Sequined Blouse: Not ready to break out a sequined minidress? Then instead opt for an eye-catching sequined blouse. Finish the look with a pair of leather or black skinny jeans and some booties for an outfit perfect for any of your holiday get togethers.
10. Brocade Pants: We are loving brocade this season. It’s an easy way to welcome in the holiday spirit. Try a lush texture in a pair of jeans paired with red suede pumps.