How to Create an Easy Wedding Updo in Under 10 MinutesSeptember 16th, 2013
How to Create an Easy Wedding Updo in Under 10 Minutes
By Carmen Ordonez
When it comes to getting ready for a wedding, your hair is one of your biggest accessories. I’m always crunched for time while getting ready and hardly ever have a moment to run to the hair salon (plus, I don’t want to spend the money!). So, here’s a super easy updo that anyone can recreate at home, especially if you’re not the best at doing your hair (like myself). It was inspired by an updo I saw on Jessica Alba and looks like it takes a lot more work than it actually does. It only takes a few minutes and just a few simple items are needed, like a brush, bobby pins, hair spray, curling iron and hair elastic.
Here are the easy steps to get this look…
1. Start by creating a deep side part (you can choose which side you prefer). I also find that second day hair works best.
2. Set aside a small section of hair (approximately 3 fingers wide of hair). You will use this piece later on in the hairstyle.
3. Comb your hair into a low side ponytail and secure with a hair elastic. You want to make sure this is tight.
4. Next, twist your hair and wrap it around in a circle into a low bun, and secure with another hair elastic (wrapping the elastic about once or twice).
5. Then pin the bun with bobby pins to secure.
6. Once your bun is in place, grab the small section of hair you set aside and curl it with a curling iron. I like to use a 1 ½ inch barrel and wrap the hair around the barrel (not the clamp).
7. Once the hair is curled, use bobby pins to secure the strands next to the bun. You want to go for a messy look, so you can play around with this part. It doesn’t have to be perfect!
8. Finish off by spritzing your head with hair spray and violà – you’ve got yourself an easy wedding updo!