28 Jun How to Plan a Tropical Destination Wedding
Tips for planning a wedding celebration away!
Cue the wanderlust vibes! Feed your getaway-wedding craving and take your I Do’s to a dream destination! From sandy shoes to historic sites, the wedding venue options are endless. Wondering how to plan a destination wedding? Our friends at Sandals Resorts are sharing their expert tips for planning a wedding getaway, from where to go (we may be biased, but the beach is one of our favorite wedding backdrops) to who to hire to help you along the way.
- Choose your destination. Determine what kind of backdrop you and your fiancé want for your wedding week. Is it that island vibe you’ve always dreamed of, an exotic escape on a sun-kissed white sand beach , or a tropical chic getaway? Your wedding destination should entirely speak to who you are as a couple and how you want to celebrate your love!
- Notify guests. Do you want your friends and family to be a part of your celebration? Give them as much notice as possible so they can plan, save, and book accordingly. Save-the-dates are especially important for couples hosting a destination wedding.
- Hire a wedding planner. Having someone boots-on-the-ground to help navigate all of the decisions while you’re away will be essential. Most popular destination wedding resorts and locations, such as Sandals Resorts, have event planners onsite who know the ins and outs of the venue and the best local vendors to make all of your wedding dreams come true.
- Ask about special perks. Some hotels and resorts will offer all-inclusive packages, free accommodations, and complimentary amenities to the bride and groom when they host a destination wedding on the property.
- Plan a visit. If you have the time (and the extra budget!), plan a trip to your wedding destination to see the venue, meet with the team, and sample eats & sweets to ensure your planning is going smoothly. Sandals have a program like this called Test-Drive Your WeddingMoon®, allowing you up to 3 nights for you and one guest at a seriously amazing price to visit before your book. Plus if you book your wedding after the visit, you’ll get the cost of Test Drive back as a credit towards your wedding. Sweet deal!
- Choose a dress that matches the scenery. You want to be comfortable all day long, so carefully choose a wedding dress that matches the elements! If you’re having a beach or garden destination wedding, breezy fabrics will be your best friend. Expert tip: never check your dress on your flight. Avoid a missing dress at all costs and carry it on the plane with you!
With these tips, your destination wedding is sure to be a beautiful day that goes off seamlessly! For your tropical destination wedding, at Sandals Resorts you have the choice of 16 beach-side destinations in the Caribbean, a complimentary wedding planning team, plus even more perks, amenities, and savings that help bring your destination wedding (and immediate honeymoon!) to life! See even more tips for planning your tropical wedding or elopement at a Sandals Resorts all-inclusive, luxury destination!
Photo c/o Sandals Resorts