21 Jun 10 Reasons to Have a Summer Wedding
Debating when to say “I do”? Here are a few ways that summer weddings win.
- Gardens bursting with blooms. Take your pick of flowers in any color imaginable. Will it be daisies, roses, poppies, or zinnias?
- The prettiest outdoor photos. Your wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses will pop against a backdrop of leafy trees, lush grass, or the shore.
- Ice cream! Sorbet! Popsicles! Help your guests cool off with an ice-cold dessert that’ll have everyone screaming for seconds.
- Hours and hours of sunlight. With the sun going down later into the evening, you can hold an outdoor ceremony in the evening and get gorgeous sunset photos.
- Flip-flops, sandals, and open-toed shoes. Show off a pedicure that matches your bridesmaids’ dresses, or have fun with nail art.
- From strapless to cap sleeves. There are tons of options for warm days. And, unless it’s unseasonably cool, you don’t have to worry about a jacket or a wrap!
- Fun with sunnies. Gift your bridal party —or all your guests—customized sunglasses so they won’t squint during the celebration (they also make for cute photo ops).
- Life-size lawn games. Set up horseshoes, croquet, or cornhole for added entertainment during cocktail hour.
- Dining and dancing under the stars. There’s nothing quite like eating al fresco and twirling on a dance floor lit up by the night sky and fireflies.
- A sparkler send-off. What better way to end your wedding day than with a brilliantly illuminated exit?
See our seasonal palette guide for summer wedding color ideas.