Nicole Brewer, Celebrity and Plus Size Fashion Expert
One of the latest trends in bridal party fashion is choosing a color palette and allowing your bridesmaids to pick their own dress. Not only is it a contemporary approach to styling your wedding, it just may be the smartest decision a bride can ever make.
Remember, everyone wants to look beautiful at your wedding and the photographs that promise to capture all of the unforgettable moments will keep the memories of your big day alive forever. So, why not take precautionary measures to ensure that your wedding photos look great and your bridesmaids are nothing short of picture-perfect?
Unfortunately we’ve seen it so many times before when one or two ill-fitting bridal party dresses can spoil a wedding photo. Why? Because the same dress may not look the same on everyone. So don’t skirt the issue, allow your bridesmaids the fashion freedom they deserve and let them choose the dress that flatters their figure! (After all and very often, they have to purchase the dress. Don’t you think they should have a choice in the style of it?) Also, what better way to increase the wear-again potential of their dress than giving your favorite ladies the option of selecting the best style with the best fit? Now that’s value!
My favorite part about David’s Bridal is their wide range of bridal party dress colors, styles and SIZES. I love that you can choose Apple red, for example, and discover an endless array of coordinated options for every detail of your wedding style – from the bridesmaids dresses and the sash on a flower girl dress to the detail on a ring bearer pillow. Now, every member of your bridal party, from the most petite to the curviest, will find something that makes them look and feel great! With more than 40 colors available, they offer a new universal language of style that makes shopping super simple and fun!
Tips on Styling Picture Perfect Bridesmaids:
- Make suggestions. Whether some of your bridesmaids are fashionably challenged or think they wrote the book on style, it’s still appropriate for you to offer up a few suggestions.
- Use the internet to suggest styles you think may work best for your lovely ladies. Or, just visit www.davidsbridal.com and click on the desired color and sort through your favorites before taking them dress shopping.
- Have a dress-up party! Plan to meet your bridal party at a local David’s Bridal and stage a mini fashion show. Everyone can try on different styles while helping each other choose the perfect dress for their body type.
- Explore Separates. Use the virtual Dress Your Wedding application that allows you to mix and match separates and visualize what your bridal party will look like prior to visiting your local store. No guess work needed!
- Flatter Your Figure
-If you’re full busted, look for dresses that offer support and shape around your chest. Styles 84003 and F14006
-If you’re fuller in the mid-section, look for details like empire waistlines or ruching that widdle your middle. Styles F13974 and F14033
-If you’re fuller on the bottom, look for A-line shapes that flatter the hips and thighs. Also, try fabrics with a little stretch to avoid tugging or pulling. Style F13573
- Look and Feel Great in Your Dress:
-Do you want to show off your arms?-Go for a sexy, strapless dress. Style 83744
-If you’d like to show off your shoulders and reveal your back, try halter styles. Style 81594
-Got great legs and want to flaunt them? Go for short styles!
-Want to play up your neckline? Look for eye-catching details like ruffles, keyhole or sweetheart necklines to draw attention to your very bare (or subtly accessorized) décolletage. Style F14108
So, it’s easier than you think to give family members and special friends the option of choosing the right silhouette that they love and most importantly flatters their body type. You’ll have picture perfect bridesmaids – guaranteed!